NextRoll Media Services Addendum
Effective May 14, 2020
To see our prior Media Services Addendum, click here.
To see our prior Prospecting Services Addendum, click here.
This Media Services Addendum ("Addendum") supplements the NextRoll Terms of Service (www.nextroll.com/terms) and, together with all applicable Service Addenda, Order Forms and Insertion Orders (collectively, the "Agreement"), governs Customer’s use of the Media Services. All capitalized undefined terms used in this Addendum shall have the same meanings assigned to them in the Terms of Service. If there is a conflict between this Addendum and the Terms of Service, this Addendum will govern with respect to the conflicting term only.
1. Media Services
Media Services include:
- Retargeting Services: Customer may use retargeting services to serve interest-based Ads to End Users within the Network, by using Service Data or Customer CRM Data (if applicable); and
- Prospecting Services (Brand Awareness, and Lookalike Targeting): Customer may use prospecting services to serve Ads to end users who have not visited or otherwise interacted with Customer Sites or Customer Content, but may have similar attributes to Customer’s existing End Users or customers.
2. Special Terms Relating to Media Services
- Prospecting Services (Brand Awareness, and Lookalike Targeting). If Customer opts-in to prospecting services, the following terms apply:
- Service Data collected by NextRoll becomes part of NextRoll’s prospecting data co-op ("Data Co-Op");
- The Data Co-Op also includes service data from NextRoll’s other participating customers. By using prospecting services, Customer may run targeted advertising campaigns that may utilize service data of other participating customers of NextRoll; and
- NextRoll will not disclose Service Data to other customers, other than in an aggregated, anonymized, non-Customer identifiable manner.
- API Media Integrations. NextRoll may make certain API integrations ("API Media Integrations") with third-party service providers’ services available to Customer, that interoperate with the Media Services (e.g., serving Ads on Facebook Website Custom Audiences). For purposes of this Addendum, all API Media Integrations are subject to terms and conditions between Customer and the third-party service provider, and NextRoll shall have no liability in connection with such API Media Integrations or Customer’s compliance with the applicable terms and conditions. A list of API Media Integrations and corresponding terms and conditions, which may be updated from time to time, are available here: (AdRoll) https://help.adroll.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028161551; (RollWorks) https://help.rollworks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041855851-Third-Party-Terms. By accessing and using Media Services using API Media Integrations, Customer may be required to:
- create its own Customer account directly with the relevant third-party service provider;
- review, agree to, and comply with all applicable terms and conditions governing the API Media Integration;
- authorize NextRoll to act on its behalf on relevant third-party sites, in order to facilitate the API Media Integrations as part of the Media Services; and/or
- undertake any other actions reasonably requested by NextRoll to enable specific API Media Integrations.
3. Campaign Set Up and Management
Customer may select the timing, duration, budget, audience segments, and other details for each campaign involving the Media Services (each a "Campaign") through Insertion Orders, Order Forms and/or Customer’s Account dashboard. NextRoll will use commercially reasonable efforts, in accordance with the Documentation, to comply with the budget specified by Customer. When Customer increases or decreases its budget, it may take up to one (1) week for the new budget to take effect. Customer may terminate a Campaign on at least forty-eight (48) hours advance written notice to NextRoll. Termination of a Campaign does not affect the Term of a Package.
4. Promotions, Credits
NextRoll may offer Customer certain promotions, discounts, general credits, media credits and/or other special offers (each, a "Promotion") which will be reflected in Customer’s Insertion Order, Order Form and/or Account dashboard. If Customer accepts a Promotion involving a Campaign, Customer understands and agrees that once the Promotion is completed, the relevant Campaign will automatically continue as a paid Campaign on pre-Promotion terms, unless Customer pauses or completes the Campaign as described in the applicable Documentation. Customer is responsible for all Campaign costs that occur beyond the terms of the Promotion described in the applicable Insertion Order, Order Form and/or Account dashboard. There will be no refunds or credits for partial terms, downgrades, or unused Promotions.
5. Campaign Reporting
Unless expressly agreed to in writing by NextRoll, all Fees for Media Services will be based on NextRoll's measurements and tracking through its own servers using the number of impressions, clicks, and other indicators necessary for calculating the Fees payable by Customer, which Customer may also view through its Account dashboard.
6. Advertising Policy Guidelines
Customer, Customer Content and Customer Sites must comply with the advertising guidelines as set out by NextRoll, Applicable Law, and applicable Documentation (including at (AdRoll) help.adroll.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001977912-Advertising-Policies); (RollWorks) https://help.rollworks.com/hc/en-us/sections/360008371192-Prohibited-Content-and-Practices. The policies of members in the Network and self-regulatory bodies’ codes of conduct are constantly being reviewed and updated, and as such, active or approved Campaigns may be reviewed to ensure that they comply with current policies, codes, and legal requirements. NextRoll reserves the right to suspend or discontinue Customer’s Account and Customer Content at any given time for failure to comply with the Agreement.
7. Display of Ads
Customer acknowledges that NextRoll has limited control of where and how often Ads served by NextRoll will be displayed within the Network and it is possible that such Ads may be displayed next to ads of Customer’s competitors, or on websites or applications that are inconsistent with Customer’s brand. Customer may notify NextRoll in writing, or as provided through its Account dashboard, if it wishes to restrict NextRoll from serving Ads on specific websites (by URL).